[C++-sig] non-const arguments

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Aug 13 18:13:28 CEST 2002

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting

----- Original Message -----
From: "Enrico Ng" <enrico at fnal.gov>
To: <c++-sig at python.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [C++-sig] non-const arguments

> > Decide on a Python interface that's consistent with Python's
> immutability
> > restrictions, and we can see how to wrap it.
> >
> > Perhaps
> >
> >     tuple ran1(Integer x)
> >
> > would work better for you?
>
> This works fine, but I have to create thin wrappers for every function
> [to return the resulting non-const arguments]
>
> Is there already am implementation of this in boostv2?

An implementation of what?

There's no facility which automatically decides the interface that should
be used for otherwise-unwrappable functions and creates thin wrappers for
you, if that's what you mean.

Do you have lots of functions with the same signature? It may be possible
to build a class template which does the job... depending which compiler(s)
you're targeting.

-Dave