[C++-sig] Can boost.python and PyQt be used together?

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Sun Dec 8 20:18:34 CET 2002

> In that case, the only thing I can imagine is that the attribute
> access in question is not actually the one induced by
> "wc.newCanvas", but something that happens when "wc.newCanvas()" is
> invoked. In other words, something in Paul's WindowController class
> calls back into Python.

   Nothing in my class calls back to Python.   The returned Python
object wraps a C++ class derived from Qt's QMainWindow, and another
object is created that is derived from Qt's QDialog.   None of my C++
code calls Python, I don't even know how (yet).

   Doesn't mean that there isn't still some fault in my code, of
course.

> Of course, the only way I'd be able to know for sure would be to see
> more of the stack trace, and some of the variable values (e.g. the
> attribute name) wouldn't hurt...

   I'll try to provide that later today.