[C++-sig] multiply defined to_python_converter

Langston, Matthew David langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 11 00:18:56 CET 2002

I just ran into a problem where my Boost.Python module is conflicting with a third-party library's Boost.Python module. I get a run-time error when I import both modules into python because they both provide a to_python_converter that converts a std::vector<std::string> to a python tuple of strings.

The methods are named differently at the source-level (i.e. both modules gave their to_python_converter a unique name), so it appears to be a "run-time type matching" problem.

How do I work around this problem of "multiply defined to_python_converter"?

-Matt

--
Matthew D. Langston
SLD, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center