[PyKDE] Re: [C++-sig] Can boost.python and PyQt be used together?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Dec 11 20:15:17 CET 2002

"Paul F. Kunz" <Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> writes:

>    Me again, one final time on this topic.
>
>    I built a Python extension module for my C++ CanvasWindow class using
> SIP.   Now the following works...
>
> [pfkeb at Kunz-pbdsl1 sip]$ python
> Python 2.2.2 (#1, Oct 15 2002, 07:42:56)
> [GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)] on linux2
>
>    So it appears that SIP and Boost.Python modules can not work
> together if they are both interfacing to Qt.

I don't think that's really the right conclusion... or at least, it
masks something much deeper.  I would very much appreciate it if
someone could get me a simple test case I where can easily reproduce
this problem (preferably, but not neccessarily on a Windows machine).

Thanks,
Dave

--
                       David Abrahams