[C++-sig] Minimum CVS update for Boost.Python

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Dec 12 00:53:06 CET 2002

"William Trenker" <wtrenker at hotmail.com> writes:

> I've got a wonderful 33.6K modem connection to the Internet (aren't
> I lucky).  I've downloaded the entire boost CVS tree but, for now,
> want to just keep the Python parts current.  Boost.Python seems to
> be located in 2 subdirectories: the guts are in boost/libs/python,
> and the includes are in boost/boost/python. Are those the only
> directories I have to update?

I wouldn't count on it.  Boost.Python is being updated concurrently
with other parts of Boost, and I do plan to use new features of other
library components.  I'm afraid I can't easily give you a limited
summary of all the other directories that Boost.Python might need, but
I can say that a recursive update in boost/boost and boost/libs/python
is likely to be enough.

Using the -z9 option to enable full compression during CVS operations
could also have a significant positive impact.

--
                       David Abrahams