[C++-sig] Compiler error with builtin_converters.hpp

William Trenker wtrenker at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 04:46:03 CET 2002

I just did a CVS update and tried to re-build my boost.python branch.  I get
this message from gcc:

gcc-C++-action
../../../libs/python/build/bin/libboost_python.so/gcc/debug/runtime-link-dynamic/shared-linkable-true/list.o
In file included from
/root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/converter/arg_to_python.hpp:22,
                 from /root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/call.hpp:14,
                 from /root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/object_core.hpp:11,
                 from /root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/object.hpp:9,
                 from /root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/list.hpp:9,
                 from ../src/list.cpp:6:
/root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp:13:
limits: No such file or directory

I get this same message for a number of other files as well but it's all
relating to the compiler trying to find an include file call "limits".  I
don't have a "limits" file on my Linux system but I do have "limits.h", and
there is also "/usr/include/g++/climits".

I am doing the usual bjam from the boost/libs/python/build directory (with
the appropriate Python variables set.)  I've done this procedure before
without a hitch.

Bill