[C++-sig] MSVC project file [UPDATED]

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Dec 29 18:31:25 CET 2002

Brett Calcott <brett.calcott at paradise.net.nz> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a project and workspace file for the boost-python build and a
> patch to the building.html file. The two files should go into a dir
> under the build directory - I'll let you come up with a name...
>
> I have removed the python_debug configuration as I think it'll just
> cause confusion.

It's a double-edged sword, Brett.  I think you should put it back.  If
people build a debug version of Python, and the debug version of
Boost.Python doesn't work with it, they get confused.  You can't win.

> Let me know if the docs are sufficient.

I edited them and checked them in

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/python/doc/building.html#VisualStudio

Let me know if the changes look OK to you.

> I'm still trying to get back to my Boost.Python project and the
> funky shared_ptr stuff, but the xmas rush has slowed me down. I am
> still lurking though -- so I'll answer any questions re the MSVC
> stuff.

Let me know when you need the to-python conversion facility; it should
be easy enough to set up.

--
                       David Abrahams