[C++-sig] boost build problem

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Mon Jul 15 15:03:42 CEST 2002

From: "Berthold Höllmann" <hoel at germanlloyd.org>

<<
I have Problems building boost on Solaris 2.7. With my non standard
gcc and my non standard python installation I get lots of

/usr/local/fitools/include/g++-v3/iosfwd:83: template with C linkage

lines. These problems disappear when I edit "gcc-tools.jam" and
replace the occurences of

-isystem$(SPACE)

by

-I

Why does boost use -isystem instad of -I for the include paths?

[dwa] Because that's the prescribed way way to find #include <...> files.

<<Is there a better place for me to change the jam macros?>>

If you're using a non-standard gcc, you could copy the toolset file into
your own gcc-tools.jam and stick it in a directory you place in
BOOST_BUILD_PATH... or you can keep doing what you're doing now.

-Dave