[C++-sig] Re: runtime error with Intel compiler 6.0 beta under windows

Peter Bienstman Peter.Bienstman at rug.ac.be
Sun Mar 17 19:14:44 CET 2002

> From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams at rcn.com>
> To: <c++-sig at python.org>
> Subject: Re: [C++-sig] runtime error with Intel compiler 6.0
> beta under windows
> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:22:44 -0500
>
> This has nothing to do with C++ exceptions. It's Python
> telling you that some C/C++ function it called returned a
> NULL PyObject* without first calling PyErr_SetString() or one
> of the other related Python error reporting function. Whether
> or not this has anything to do with Boost.Python I cannot
> say, but if the behavior only happens with the Intel compiler
> I'd be inclined to think it's a compiler bug.
>
> HTH,
> Dave

For what it's worth, the problem also occurs with some of the
Boost.Python testcases (e.g. abstract.cpp). The simple workaround is to
compile boost_bython.lib with the Microsoft compiler, and then the
extensions themselves with the Intel compiler.

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge of the inner workings of
Boost.Python to distill a small testcase for Intel tech support.

Peter