[C++-sig] Where to start...

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Thu May 9 22:28:48 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net>

> Thanks for your reply.

Sure!

> I would like some sort of guidance on where to actually start doing the
> work... headers, python wrapper classes... ?

Not sure what you mean by this. Boost.Python is designed to be
non-intrusive on your design, so your wrapping code should not usually
require you to change anything about the code you're wrapping.

> Also, I belatedly realized (right after copying CVS over the boost 2.0
d/l
> install) that i'm not using any kind of tag when getting stuff out of
CVS.
> What do I need to do to get 2.0? It looks as though Win-CVS is using
"HEAD"
> as the -r tag, but i'm not positive of that.

Boost.Python v2 is mixed into the main trunk of CVS (==HEAD) alongside v1,
though as I mentioned elsewhere you'll need the mpl-development branch of
boost/mpl.

> I hope you won't mind my asking a bunch of questions - this thing i'm
doing
> is for a free/open source library.

I don't mind; I'll do my best to answer. I hope anyone else who's watching
will also feel free to pipe up with answers, though ;-)

-Dave