[C++-sig] boost_python.dll depends on apphelp.dll ???

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Tue May 21 20:41:39 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net>
To: <c++-sig at python.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: [C++-sig] boost_python.dll depends on apphelp.dll ???

> Just searched my C drive on Windows 2000 Professional and no apphelp.dll.
> wonder about it's being used on Python 2.2.1, at least the python.org
> version - they don't use Windows help file like the ActiveState
version...

> FWIW, I also searched the AS python2.1 directory tree (not used actively
> since I installed 2.2.1, but nothing deleted either) and also the
python.org
> Python2.2.1 directory tree and neither of them contains the apphelp.dll
> either.
>
> I've also built python 2.2.1 from sources, and no missing dependencies
came
> up...

Furthermore, this is from the guy who builds Python for release on Windows:

-----

The python22.dll distributed by PythonLabs was built on a Win98SE box.  It
doesn't depend on apphelp.dll.  I've never been on an XP box, and there is
no apphelp.dll on any machine I do use.  Here are the system DLLs it does
depend on:

ADVAPI32.DLL
KERNEL32.DLL
USER32.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
SHELL32.DLL

Those in turn depend on (transitive closure):

COMCTL32.DLL
GDI32.DLL
NTDLL.DLL
RPCRT4.DLL