[C++-sig] export a constant

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Wed May 22 19:02:07 CEST 2002

Thanks David,

But this did not work. In MSVC++ it give the following error:

error C2065: 'make_ref' : undeclared identifier

The code had the following lines (amidst a multitude of others):

#include <boost/python/class_builder.hpp>               // Boost class stuff
#include <boost/python/reference.hpp>                   // Boost referencing
boost::python::module_builder pygamma("pygamma");       // Extension module
pygamma.add(make_ref(PLANCK), "PLANCK");                // Export constant
PLANCK

I am running MSVC++ 6.0 SP4 with Python 2.0.1 and Boost 1.25.0.
The build is on lots of code and works well enough to produce a dll.
Is there a place in the documentation where I should be looking?

> > const double PLANCK   = 6.6260755e-34; // Plancks constant (h)(J-sec)
> >
> > Is there a way to just export this using Boost.Python so that
> > in Python I can just do
> >
> > h = PLANCK
>
> In Boost.Python v1, you can do:
>
> #include <boost/python/reference.hpp>
> my_module_builder.add(make_ref(PLANCK), "PLANCK");

Regards,
Scott

 Dr. Scott A. Smith
 Associate in Research