[C++-sig] Link trouble on OS X

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Thu May 30 18:31:41 CEST 2002

Hi Dave,

> You have the entire text of the build
> commands we're currently using. Why don't you stick those in a
> shell script
> and twiddle the flags until you get it to work? If you can tell
> us what the
> command-lines should look like, we can modify the appropriate parts of
> Boost.Build to make it work.

Du-oh! OK, I have done just that and been moving along. The reference
sent in by Robert Andre

http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php

helps and agrees with what David Beasley wrote

c++ -c
$(SRCS) -I/sw/include/python2.2 -I/sw/lib/python2.2/config -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
c++ -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace $(OBJS) -o somemodule.so

For the source codes compiler commands, I removed the fPIC, added the
include of
the python config directory, and set the variable HAVE_CONFIG_H. I also
added a
-Wno-long-double to suppress those warnings. For the final
linking, I added -bundle and -flat_namespace but it would not
accept -undefined supress.

This leaves me with only one unresolved symbol during the link:

_environ

Any idea if this is supposed to come from Boost, a Python, or the System?

Scott

 Dr. Scott A. Smith
 Associate in Research
 National High Magnetic Field Laboratory