[C++-sig] Link trouble on OS X

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Thu May 30 21:53:02 CEST 2002

Greetings,

> I am not sure if this is helpful, but in my last attempt with V1
> is was using these flags:
>
> c++ -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -ftemplate-depth-50 -Wno-long-double -g -c
>
> You might need to add -DBOOST_PYTHON_V2.
>
> c++ -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined warning
>
> The only undefined symbols I remember were missing template
> instantiations. I am hoping that V2 does not suffer from this
compiler/linker bug.

Thanks Ralf, I did not try -undefined warning before since it would not take
-undefined suppress. This build produced libboost_python.so, a rather large
one
(> 2.6 MB), with just a warning that it did not know _environ. The
definition of
BOOST_PYTHON_V2 really produced a lot of problems, so I did not use that.

I have no idea if  the library is any good. That will have to wait until
I try using it later.

Thanks for all the help,
Scott

 Dr. Scott A. Smith