[C++-sig] Boost Python v2 - extending and embedding - memory leaks, compiler warnings

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at paradise.net.nz
Sat Nov 9 02:51:33 CET 2002

Hi Tex,

You have asked a few questions in your post. I am only going to answer one
of them.

>  So a question would be: how easy would it be for me to set up a VC
> project for building boost python?  Has this already been done?  Or am
> I barking up the wrong tree?

It is *reasonably* easy to do this - though I am using VC6. If you do a
>bjam -and2
at the command line and redirect it to a file you will get all of the
command line options that are generated for building the DLL. You need to
create DLL project, dump all of the .cpp files into it, then make sure that
the command line that is being generated is the same (well, the important
bits anyway). Look in the Project Options window to see this.

The only problem I came across was the /Zm800 option, which is needed to
compile the inheritance.cpp file (otherwise you get a compiler blowup).
There seems to be NO place that I could enter this in the IDE! I fudged it
by stuffing it into the .dsp file on what looked like the right line where
the other options were. Of course, it gets overwritten if I change
anything - but it works fine. Maybe you can set it directly in VC7?

Once I tidy my test hacking environment up, I will post a copy. (2-3 days
away)

Cheers,
Brett