[C++-sig] Re: call_method

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 13 09:48:02 CET 2002

> > The interoperability/shared_from_this problems have alternate solutions
> > described in the techniques "document".

Where is this document? I had a look around the boost files section and
couldn't find anything that looked relevant.

> Now /that's/ starting to sound intriguing.  I wonder if it's possible
> to derive our U class from boost::python::objects::instance<>, and
> automatically generate shared_ptr<> converters for it.
> Maybe the whole idea of holding a shared_ptr<U> is bogus from the get-go.

I'm not sure what it buys you either. If I have to derive the U class from
boost::python::objects::instance<> then I have already given away
non-intrusiveness. Are there some other advantages to using shared_ptr?