[C++-sig] Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with vc++ 7

Mike Rovner mike at bindkey.com
Wed Nov 27 01:48:40 CET 2002

"David Abrahams" <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote in message
news:uhee3c3re.fsf at boost-consulting.com...
> "Mike Rovner" <mike at bindkey.com> writes:
>
> > My fault! I misinterpreted <dll>... as dependency
>
> It _is_ a dependency.

O-my! I have a headache with all that words: dependance without a color,
requrements with it. :)

> Or you can establish a new project and make your Jamfile reside in a
> subproject.

IMHO Seasoned Jam user can figure that out himself and wiki/user_guide
shiuld be plain.
So I prefer not to include that option. OK?

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/boost_2epython_2fBuildingExtensions

> Hmm, why don't you just add your info to the Wiki?

Done.

> > BTW, still open question: How to specify library in a
platform-independent
> > way?
>
> You could do something like:
>
>     local libname
>     if $(NT)
>     {
>        libname = foo.lib
>     }
>     else
>     {
>        libname = libfoo.a
>     }

>         <library-file>$(libname)

IIUC automatic name mangling will be in BB2. It will be good to specify a
list of libs to include, like

LIBS = a b c
<library-file>$(LIBS)

Will that work?