[C++-sig] Boost.Python V2 & Mac OS 10?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Sep 5 23:16:40 CEST 2002

From: "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at yahoo.com>

> Has anybody recently tried to compile Boost.Python V2 under Mac OS 10?

Some people have tried, with little success. Building shared libraries
under OS X was an twisty maze of little passages, last time I looked. I'd
love to know what command-lines I need to spit out to accomplish this, so
that I could make Boost.Build do the job.

Here's a thought: I think somebody out there was building BPL with
distutils. I wonder if the distutils approach would "just work" on OS X?

> Related questions:
>
> What is Apple's latest version of the "native" C++ compiler?

Some kind of GCC 3.1 alpha variant, I think.

> Has anybody tried a gcc 3.2 installation from scratch?
>
> Has anybody on this list used the Metrowerks compiler under OS 10?

I don't know these things.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting