[C++-sig] stage rule and version in .so name

Rene Rivera grafik666 at redshift-software.com
Fri Sep 13 18:11:52 CEST 2002

[2002-09-12] Rene Rivera wrote:
>[2002-09-12] Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
>>I believe the correct behaviour would be for the "stage" rule to
>>copy/generate the same thing that the extension rule make
>>getting_started1.so depend on, that is, to generate a
>>libboost_python.so.1.29.0 in the distrib/lib directory. But I have no
>>idea how to go about it.
>>
>>Any thoughts?
>
>I wish it where only as easy as just generating the *.1.29.0 file. But
Linux
>SONAME loading is way more anoying than that. I have to replicate both the
>bare and versioned files for linking and cross loading to work correctly.

OK, I just put in some changes which attempt to clone the exact state of the
files actually generated by the SONAME support. It's not totally working as
it should, and it never will in V1. But for now it should be reasonable, as
long as you don't use the "tag" features of stage for SONAMEd files.

Try it and tell me if it works for your needs.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera at acm.org - grafik at redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 at icq - Grafik666 at AIM - Grafik at jabber.org