[C++-sig] compilation problems with mingw v2.0

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Sep 13 18:09:41 CEST 2002

From: "gideon may" <gideon at computer.org>

> Thanks Dave,
>
> I'll do some more investigating on my side. Got the same problems
> as you mentioned. I'll get back on it when I know more.
>
> Another support topic, not that important though. Is it forseeable
> that there is going to be support for the SGI Mips compilers ?
> I'm currently using version 7.3.1.1m and unfortunately without support.
> Getting many errors, even ICE :)
> /mount/l1/people/gideon/cvs/boost/boost/boost/operators.hpp:794: Internal
> compiler error 382.
> /mount/l1/people/gideon/cvs/boost/boost/boost/operators.hpp:794: Please
> submit a full bug report to `egcs-bugs at egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /mount/l1/people/gideon/cvs/boost/boost/boost/operators.hpp:794: See
> <URL:http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#bugreport> for details.
>
> Would just be nice to see SGI as a viable platform, have some very nice
> memories with these boxes.

It is currently working on SGI. Well, maybe the last test run was
problematic for some reason, but the last build run seemed to go OK. In
general it's hard to keep this compiler happy, but Ralf has been trying to
maintain it:

http://cci.lbl.gov/boost/

Shows the current status.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting