[C++-sig] Summary: Weave SciPy Inline C++

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Mon Sep 16 16:35:01 CEST 2002

Here is a summary of what I've gotten from the discussion:

1.  Boost has some niceties that would beautify inline code in weave.

2.  However, Boost's library size and complexity are overkill for the
limited role it would currently play in weave type conversions.

3.  It is desirable to have Boost based converters for weave so that
those who prefer conversions to boost objects for the standard types can
have them.  This would be called using:

	weave.inline(code, args, converters=converters.boost)

4.  More importantly, it is desirable to have docs and examples of how
to write weave type converters for Boost wrapped libraries so that end
users can easily and efficiently manipulate the underlying classes in
C++ using weave.

If anyone tackles (3) or (4), please send your results my way.

I look forward to learning more about boost had how weave can benefit
from it as both tools progress.

Thanks,
eric