[C++-sig] build project outside boost tree

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 20:35:07 CEST 2003

--- "Achim Domma (ProCoders)" <domma at procoders.net> wrote:
> when I started using boost.python, I failed to build a extensions module
> outside the boost tree. I want to give it another try, if it's possible at
> all. Could somebody give me a starting direction? What do I have to do?

We use SCons (www.scons.org) as a build tool and are very pleased with it. Look
for the "Repository feature." This lets you build *everything* outside your
source code trees. We embed code (some 20 or 30 lines of Python) for
quick-and-dirty parsing of jam files in your SConscripts. Works like charm for
building libboost_python.so or boost_python.dll anywhere you want.
Ralf