[C++-sig] build project outside boost tree

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Apr 6 21:14:53 CEST 2003

"Achim Domma \(ProCoders\)" <domma at procoders.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when I started using boost.python, I failed to build a extensions module
> outside the boost tree. I want to give it another try, if it's possible at
> all. Could somebody give me a starting direction? What do I have to do?

Did you look at
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html#outside
?

These instructions work for me, last time I checked.  When Boost.Build
v2 is released (soonish) it will be possible to build an extension
module outside the boost tree and still have the Boost.Python library
rebuild automatically whenever it changes.  Until then, the link
above shows you how to do it with a prebuilt Boost.Python library
(just run bjam in libs/python/build and copy the result to an
appropriate place in your project tree).

HTH,