[C++-sig] Boost: overloads documentation

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Mon Apr 14 17:15:20 CEST 2003

 Tutorial (Tut):

  http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/default_arguments.html

 Reference Manual (RM):

  http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/overloads.html#BOOST_PYTHON_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS-spec

The example in the RM introduces an overload dispatcher with the name
"f_overloads" in the line

  BOOST_PYTHON_FUNCTION_OVERLOADS(f_overloads, f, 0, 3)

This appears not to be used anywhere. Is this right ?

The Tut suggests that overload dispatchers should be passed to def
thus (in this case the overload dispatcher is called "foo_overloads"):

    .def("foo", foo, foo_overloads());

Should the dot preceding "def" in the line above really be there? foo
is a non-member function; but the line is quoted without context, so I
can't see (or imagine) what the scope might be.

Is my confusion caused my by inability to read docs, or is there
something Not Quite As It Should Be ?