[C++-sig] Blitz++ and boost.python and Pyste ...

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 14:19:22 CEST 2003

--- christophe grimault <christophe.grimault at novagrid.com> wrote:
> For example, how can get a blitz::Array<complex<float>,1> into my python
> interpreter ?

I've done something similar for my own reference-counted array types. You can
find some related notes in the Boost.Python FAQ and in the WIKI:

http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/faq.html#question2
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/boost_2epython_2fStlContainers

I've done the wrappers manually before pyste was born. I think as a start I'd
still do a little bit of the work by hand just to learn about the issues. I
have no experience with pyste, but I can imagine that it could help reducing
the amount of time you need for the job.

Please don't hesitate to post more specific questions.

Ralf