[C++-sig] g++ -Wall complains

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 22 02:04:10 CEST 2003

Hi again,
now that I'm complaining here anyway, I thought I'd give them all at
once :)
I'm in the habit of compiling with lots of -W* options like -Wall
etc.  cause these are often helpful for finding bugs early.
However, there are some functions in Boost.python that don't use some
of their arguments, and this causes gcc to complain about "unused
arguments".  This kinda clutters the gcc output with useless ( and
long ) warnings..
There's an easy fix for this:
void myfunction( int /* a */ )
{ // ...
};
I'm not sure if this is still a problem with the most recent cvs
versions, but if it is, it would be great if you could fix this ( I'm
using the debian packages ).  If you want, I can provide you with a
patch for this, but well, fixing this is really easy, and there aren't
much of these probs, so I'm not sure if it's necessary..
thanks
domi

--
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"