[C++-sig] pointers and pyste

Sameer Agarwal sagarwal at cs.ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 27 21:49:10 CEST 2003

hi Nicodemus,
sorry about forgetting to mention that render is indeed a virtual
method for B which inherits from a base class C.
The funkiness I am referring to has to do with the render method
accepting a reference to  another object D,
and  the new wrapped_render method does not respect the reference and
instead creates a new copy of D, which causes trouble when I inspect D
as it was never gets updated by the render.

I can send you the code, but it is a bit messy and spread across
multiple files and would make for a messy email.

thanks,
sameer