[C++-sig] pyste and masking interfaces

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Mon Apr 28 22:47:38 CEST 2003

Sameer Agarwal wrote:

> hi,
> given my recent experiments with pyste, I was wondering if it would
> make sense
> to generalize the exclude functionality in pyste. Perhaps a
> userdefined callback can be defined which the wrapper generator calls
> before deciding to wrap a function. The callback gets as input the
> definition or some parsed form of it to make the decision.

Certainly... how do you think such interface should work? Should it work
globally, or just local to the pyste file?

For instance, let's register a callback that excludes any function whose
return type is not a fundamental type (int, char, floats...):

def on_function_export(function):
    print function.name
    if isinstance(function.result, FundamentalType):
         exclude(function)

RegisterFunctionHandler(on_function_export)

Is something along this lines that you think would be useful? Any thoughts?

Regards,
Nicodemus.