[C++-sig] Re: const char arrays

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Tue Aug 5 21:06:57 CEST 2003

On 5 Aug 2003 at 11:47, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> --- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> > "Niall Douglas" <s_sourceforge at nedprod.com> writes:
> > > Problem is that slot_rvalue_from_python<> in
> > > builtin_converters.hpp is in an unnamed namespace and so therefore
> > > is inaccessible to me :(
> >
> > I think you should read up on unnamed namespaces again.  Anyway,
> > that template is in a source file, for good reason.  It's not for
> > public consumption.

Is it not better I try to solve problems myself before bothering
others? I only post here when I really don't know what to do next.

> > I suggest you follow the example set in item 2 here:
> > http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/faq.html#question2
>
> You may also like to read the three old messages listed under "Custom
> rvalue converters" near the top of this page:
>
> http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/boost_python/
>
> In particular, the third link should be highly relevant.

Now /that/ is precisely what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Could not a new section be opened in the docs called "custom rvalue
converters"? It seems a waste of time for me to bash my head against
a wall and yours to keep answering the same questions over and over.

Cheers,
Niall