[C++-sig] derived class without virtual method

Stefan Fleiter sf.lists at web.de
Mon Aug 11 14:43:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am using boost::python 1.30 to wrap some C++-Library.
In this library I have a class Cursor and a dreived class ExtCursor
I use for wrapping to python.

I always use ExtCursor, neither it nor its base class Cursor has any
virtual method.
When I wrap ExtCursor its member variable of type std::vector
reports a size of one in the destructor, but there are no methods
which could change its size yet.

If I add *any* virtual method to the base class Cursor
this effect does not show.

Does boost::python use any rtti or such which depends on a vtable?
Any other ideas?

Greets,
Stefan