[C++-sig] Re: pure virtual methods with pyste

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Tue Aug 26 05:14:02 CEST 2003

David Abrahams wrote:

>Nicodemus <nicodemus at globalite.com.br> writes:
>

>>David Abrahams wrote:
>>

>>>OK, done; see <boost/python/pure_virtual.hpp>.  Perhaps you should
>>>change Pyste to use this facility.
>>>

>>I did, but I am getting this compiler error:
>>
>>pure.cpp
>>d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/python/detail/nullary_function_ad
>>aptor.hpp(33): catastrophic error: expected a file name
>>  # include BOOST_PP_LOCAL_ITERATE()
>>            ^
>>

>>Perhaps I am missing something? Here is the code:
>>

>I just checked in some missing #includes.  Please try again.

Thanks for the quick fix!

I am still getting errors thought:

pure.cpp
d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/rlo
cal.hpp(779): error: identifier "BOOST_PP_ENUM_BINARY_PARAMS_Z" is undefined
      BOOST_PP_LOCAL_MACRO(1)
      ^

d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/rlo
cal.hpp(779): error: expected a ")"
      BOOST_PP_LOCAL_MACRO(1)
      ^

d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/rlo
cal.hpp(779): error: expected a type specifier
      BOOST_PP_LOCAL_MACRO(1)
      ^

d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/rlo
cal.hpp(779): error: parameter of abstract class type "A" is not allowed:
            function "A::foo" is a pure virtual function
      BOOST_PP_LOCAL_MACRO(1)
      ^

d:/programming/libraries/boost-cvs/boost/boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/rlo
cal.hpp(779): error: expected a ";"
      BOOST_PP_LOCAL_MACRO(1)
      ^

<more errors follow, but I don't think they're revelant>

Also, shouldn't <boost/python/pure_virtual.hpp> be included by
<booost/python.hpp>?

Thanks,
Nicodemus.