[C++-sig] Re: STLPort problems

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Aug 29 14:43:35 CEST 2003

"Mike Thompson" <mike.thompson at day8.com.au> writes:

> "Mike Thompson" wrote:
>> I'm getting compile time errors when building Boost.Python
>> using STLport.
> Okay.  After far too long, this all seems to be down to two isses:
>      1.  A problem with Python2.3 and Boost 1.30.2 which now appears
>           fixed in cvs HEAD.  See my previous posts for details of the
>           missing #define for LONG_LONG.
>      2.  As suggested by David, there is an STLport bug.  Its been around
>           for a while but has not been fixed in the latest beta snapshots.
>           I've raised the following bug report as a further prompter:
>                       http://www.stlport.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/1364.html
>           NB: The bug is ONLY triggered when  you use STLport with the "I'll
> use
>           native iostream library" switch on STLport.

STLPort "native iostreams" are a hack, and I'm inclined not to support
them.  Lots of subtle things don't work right because you can't make
the fact that they're in a different namespace truly invisible.  If
there's a small patch needed to get your stuff going, and you post it,
I'll probably be willing to apply it.  Can you use STLPort iostreams