[C++-sig] Passing a C++ object to a python script

David Anderson david.anderson at calixo.net
Sat Dec 6 17:37:24 CET 2003

Hello,

I am currently attempting to embed python in a C++ application of mine.
I have looked around at what can be acheived using various libs, and I'd
like to try out Boost.Python. My application would require two things:

1) Being able to pass a reference to a C++ object to a python function
and have it modify this instance of a class (which would have been made
visible to python using boost). That is, when the python function
returns, the C++ object should have been altered by it.

2) Being able to use as transparently as possible python extended
classes (a python class extending an exported C++ base class) from the
C++ code.

Could someone give me pointers as to how I could accomplish this? I have
looked through the Boost.Python documentation, as well as some archive
mails in this list, but have not found exactly what I need...

Thanks in advance
David Anderson