[C++-sig] win32: BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE always exports DLL symbols

Nicolas Lelong n_lelong at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 2 15:12:00 CET 2003

Hi,

I found out that the BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE macro for win32 always use the
__declspec(dllexport) qualifier to declare the module init function.

As in my case, I extend an embedded python interpreter (in my EXE) these
symbols have no use.

I thought that the use of the BOOST_PYTHON_DECL instead of
__declspec(dllexport) should do the trick in most cases ; but perhaps this
export behaviour should be controled in a separate way for people that would
like to use a static BPL to build modules for stand-alone python.

What do you think of it ?
Thanks,

Nicolas.