[C++-sig] Re: v2 def_raw ?

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Wed Jan 8 13:03:17 CET 2003

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> What we /do/ have is the ability to specify optional arguments

> and keyword expressions

> Does that cover your needs?

I don't think so. But it's possible that I have missed the point.

I have a C++ function (which came in a v1 interface to a C++ library,
which I am migrating to v2 - I hope to lose this function by the time
I've finished, but I'm stuck with it for now):

   return_type function(PyObject* tuple, PyObject* dict) {
      // Igrone dict.
      // Mess around with the elements of tuple.
   }

IOW, what I really want would be written in python as

   def function( *args ):
       # Mess arount with elements of args.

I was wondering whether it might be done with a precall CallPolicy,
but I'm finding the documentation of that area a little too cryptic
and abstract.