[C++-sig] Can't build boost::python release lib on msvc-stlport

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Jan 8 21:17:40 CET 2003

sauer at programmatic.de (Joerg Sauer) writes:

> Hi,
> I posted this message a few days ago in the build group, but haven't
> got any replies yet.
>
> In the meentime I tried several things including the project file for
> msvc from the cvs (Also checked out the latest cvs version), but with
> no success :-(
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> I can't get boost::python's release build to compile.

What can I say? It's an internal compiler error, and it doesn't even
happen in my code.  My suggestion is to use the debug build.

One thing you might do is to gradually change the compilation options
so they become like the debug build, so you can isolate which one(s)
are causing the problem.  Then I can modify the build to avoid it for
that toolset.

HTH,
--
                       David Abrahams