[C++-sig] Building boost.python on Mac OS X

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Sun Jan 12 03:04:27 CET 2003

> Did you look for a bin/<something-like-macosx> directory?  bjam is
> supposed to end up there.

   I find no `bin' directory.   Maybe its buried deeper than I looked.

> I should warn you that nobody's succeeded in building it for OSX to
> date.  Apple's dynamic linking model and C++ do not seem to be
> cooperating yet.  Rene Rivera has done the most work on this, to my
> knowledge.

   That sounds bad for my cross-platform distribution.  I've got Unix
distribution and Windows in spite of Bill Gates' perverse build
envirnoment.  Are you telling me that Steve Jobs has given me even
more difficult build enviroment even its all built on Free BSD?.
Iknow these guys complete, but do they compete on who can make the
most difficult buld environment?