[C++-sig] Wrapping a factory

Ben Scott bscott at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 23 03:53:11 CET 2003

Hi again. I'm playing around with the factory code I asked for help on
before
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2003-January/003217.html) and
have changed things around a bit (as my library has changed). You'll
notice that the only difference from before is that the creator no
longer requires an argument to the create() method.

Unfortunately, I've gotten stuck again and am looking for somebody to
point me in the right direction. I just can't seem to get my C++ Factory
object to see the correct type of my python Creator object as you can
see in the following output. It appears to only know about the Creator
base type and be unable to call into the implementation's method.

$ ./simple.py
Name: P7Creator
pure virtual method called
Aborted (core dumped)