[C++-sig] Pyste: added new build options.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Jul 7 23:37:04 CEST 2003

    >> Arghh!  This is a pain.  Another issue is if two pyste files
    >> export different functions (free functions) from the same
    >> header we will end up with a name clash but I'm assuming that
    >> users can be asked to export all functions from the same file.

    N> I would like to avoid that kind of thing... it is error prone,
    N> and only generates compile time errors, which are a pain to
    N> read.

I agree so perhaps the Export_Header_H can be renamed to
Export_Interface_File_H?  That way it should be safe, right?

[snip]

    N> But then to generate the main.cpp you must have already
    N> generated all the others? I think that makes things more
    N> complicated than are worth... 8/ Perhaps the --xml-cache option
    N> would be better, if we can't solve this problem? Another option
    N> would be to make Pyste accept some xml files.

[snip]

    N> But how would we know the name of the functions when we will
    N> generate main.cpp without calling GCCXML (which is the point of
    N> having "Export" functions in the files)?

Well, we could parse the *.cpp files that were generated and extract
the 'void Export_\w*?();' functions.  That should not be very hard to
do but I dont know how you feel about it.

cheers,
prabhu