[C++-sig] Re: Pyste: problems with inheritance across headers.

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Jul 8 22:58:19 CEST 2003

Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in> writes:

<snip>

> The only trouble we saw with this approach was for the case without
> --multiple.  This will require some modifications to the
> SingleCodeUnit class but Nicodemus said this should not be a big
> problem.  Essentially before saving the SingleCodeUnit we'd need to
> order the methods correctly.

I admit to not having a deep understanding of the issues here, but it
seems like you might solve some significant ordering problems by
parsing the XML and using pickle/shelve to create representations of
the classes that are quickly readable by Python, then making a
separate pass over these data structures.

Just-a-random-thought-ly,