[C++-sig] Re: Pyste: problems with inheritance across headers.

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Wed Jul 9 18:09:00 CEST 2003

Nicodemus wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> I admit to not having a deep understanding of the issues here, but it
>> seems like you might solve some significant ordering problems by
>> parsing the XML and using pickle/shelve to create representations of
>> the classes that are quickly readable by Python, then making a
>> separate pass over these data structures.
>>
>> Just-a-random-thought-ly,
>
> It wouldn't necessarily solve the ordering problems, but it would
> certainly be much faster certainly. ;)

Sorry, I missed your suggestion about shelve (I read just "pickle" ).

That is a great idea. All the problem with ordering is that we can't
keep all the declarations in memory at the same time, issue that shelve
would adress nicely! Since the solution that Prabhu and I has some
problems, I think I will use shelve to handle the declarations.

Thanks Dave!
Nicodemus.