[C++-sig] Re: Segfault when calling python method from C++

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre.barbier at cirad.fr
Fri Jul 18 22:42:24 CEST 2003

David Abrahams wrote:

>Pierre Barbier de Reuille <pierre.barbier at cirad.fr> writes:
>

>>I'm still looking for more precise information, but I still have
>>absolutely no clue abour what is going on ...
>>

>Please post a small reproducible test case.

Ok, I did find the problem and it was on my side. My main problem was to
locate it because it was within C++ code called by python code called by
C++ code called by python code ... and I'm absolutely not used to debug
such multi-language system ! If you want to know, the problem was in the
class wrapping the cell_descriptor ...

By the way, I've made some tools to export my classes, where can I
submit them ? Here ? I have come classes using Qt and POSIX pipes to
embed python in a C++ environment, some tools to solve Qt non-thread
safe problems and templates to export STL containers (not all but most ...).

Thanks anyway,

--
Pierre Barbier de Reuille

INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde
34398 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5, France

tel   : (33) 4 67 61 65 77    fax   : (33) 4 67 61 56 68