[C++-sig] Re: args patch

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jul 28 18:01:10 CEST 2003

Nikolay Mladenov <nickm at sitius.com> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> Nikolay Mladenov <nickm at sitius.com> writes:
>>
>> > Dave,
>> >
>> > I am posting the diffs from 1.29.0 plus the test and doc files.
>> > Sorry for the delay. I hope you won't have problems applying the diffs.
>>
>> Hmm, it seems likely that I will.  1.29.0 is two releases old and we
>> have made a lot of changes since then.
>
> I noticed.
>
>> Is there any chance you can
>> give me a patch against the current CVS state?
>
> I can't get the cvs commands to work for me:
> $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost
> login
> (Logging in to anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server cvs.boost.sourceforge.net: EOF
>
> This is what I always get back from the cvs.
> Do you know what is wrong with my cvs line?

Nothing; SF cvs is just really bad for anonymous CVS (until next
month, when they promise it will be fixed).  I use this little python
script to do all my anonymous SF CVS:

    #!/bin/python
    # cvsx script - tries CVS commands until they succeed.
    import sys
    import os
    while os.system('cvs ' + ' '.join(sys.argv[1:])):
       print '.',
       sys.stdout.flush()