[C++-sig] Re: args patch

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Jul 31 18:28:16 CEST 2003

Nikolay Mladenov <nickm at sitius.com> writes:

> Interestingly the difference in the cl.exe options that leads
> to the errors is /vmg (use general purpose pointer-to-members)
> I need to use this option im my projects, but I will test the args patch
> without it.
> Can the /vmg problem be resolved in some way?

Hmm, I can't even get the embedding test to compile with that switch
in the existing codebase.  I have no clue.

As far as I can tell the /vmg feature was completely broken for vc6
and vc7.  They seem to have fixed it for vc7.1.

You might see if you can make something useful out of:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccelng/htm/pragm_23.asp

Good luck,
Dave