[C++-sig] Re: Problems with functions taking string arguments on Windows

greg Landrum greglandrum at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 5 01:03:40 CEST 2003

At 06:07 AM 6/4/2003, David Abrahams wrote:

>Your example works perfectly for me with vc7.1 vc7 and vc6.5; maybe
>you need a service pack?

After building with bjam, I realized that the problem was that I was using
the release build of the boost_python DLL from an debug mode extension
module.  This appears to work sometimes, but not always.  Using the proper
DLL cleared up the strings problem.

Now I have another one though, but that's for another message...

-greg