[C++-sig] Compile times using Boost::python.

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Fri Jun 6 15:09:29 CEST 2003

	Hi,

To improve build time, I have found ccache quite useful. It can rebuild
files that have not changed in no time. Theorically, however, if your  make
program (bjam, tmake, ...) is good and really only the files that need
rebuilding are rebuilt, ccache does not help. Tmake is not very good so
ccache does help a lot. What I really enjoy is being able to do a "make
clean; make" that lasts less than 10 seconds.

It does not help for the linking phase though.

	regards,

	Philippe

--
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no
difference between theory and practice."