[C++-sig] Re: [boost] boost python question

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 18:52:48 CEST 2003

--- "Neal D. Becker" <nbecker at hns.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in getting started with boost python.  I would need a way to
> comminicate containers of data between python and c++.  My domain is signal
> processing.
>
> In c++, algorithms usually have an STLsyle iterator interface, and concrete
> containers are usually std::vector.  In python numarray might be used.
>
> What options are available to interface between an (efficient)
> python-accessible container and c++ stl-style containers?

The core of the "scitbx" is designed to solve exactly this problem. For a very
high-level overview look for "array_family" in this document:

http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/current_cvs/tour.html

Also look for "numpy."

I am embarrassed to admit again that I still have not documented the array
family, but appart from that it is really very useful, mature, extensively
tested, highly portable, and I will answer questions.

Ralf