[C++-sig] Re: static const object access?

Dirk Gerrits dirk at gerrits.homeip.net
Tue Jun 10 21:24:40 CEST 2003

David Abrahams wrote:
> Gavin Doughtie <gdoughtie at anim.dreamworks.com> writes:
>

>>This does in fact work, but now I get "Fatal Python error:
>>PyThreadState_Get: no current thread" when the module unloads.

[snip]

> Python extension modules don't unload, AFAIK.  Do you mean
> PyFinalize()?
>
>   Please see: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1446109
>
> Dirk Gerrits has been working on solving that issue; I'm sure he'd
> appreciate your help.

Well I can't really look into the issue anymore for the coming 3 weeks
because of final exams. But after that it'll be my top priority. ;)
You're most welcome to join in the effort Gavin if you'd like. The
thread Dave just mentioned explains where the problem is coming from.

Regards,
Dirk Gerrits