[C++-sig] compiling test/embedding.cpp

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 11 18:57:38 CEST 2003

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>>I'm having some troubles with unresolved symbols on IRIX,
>

> Does this happen while linking extension modules, or only while linking
> applications that embed Python?

embedding is special as it is a stand-alone application, not an
extension. This means it uses its own build rule, which seems to
be broken for IRIX (notably the -lutil flag which is wrong for IRIX).

When linking manually I had to add other libraries such as -lm and
-lpthread to get all symbols resolved.

The missing symbol

boost::python::converter::shared_ptr_deleter::__dt(void)

is reported at runtime, i.e. when I try to execute 'embedding'.

Thanks,
		Stefan