[C++-sig] compiling test/embedding.cpp

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 19:47:01 CEST 2003

--- Stefan Seefeld <seefeld at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> This means it uses its own build rule, which seems to
> be broken for IRIX (notably the -lutil flag which is wrong for IRIX).

You are the first to pay attention.

> When linking manually I had to add other libraries such as -lm and
> -lpthread to get all symbols resolved.

If you post a complete list of libraries required I am sure Rene will update
the IRIX toolset. (E.g. you could post the complete link line that you used.)

> The missing symbol
>
> boost::python::converter::shared_ptr_deleter::__dt(void)
>
> is reported at runtime, i.e. when I try to execute 'embedding'.

A quick find/grep in the Boost.Python sources (current CVS) suggests that
~shared_ptr_deleter(); is declared but not defined. David, what's the best way
to resolve this? -- I guess as a quick fix Stefan could edit
./converter/shared_ptr_deleter.hpp and replace a semicolon by {}:

   ~shared_ptr_deleter() {}

Ralf